Netflix is bringing Tudum back for a second year. On September 24th, Netflix will unveil its upcoming lineup of movies and shows, coming out for the rest of 2022, 2023, and possibly even beyond. It is expected that over 100 series and films will be shown in total (Netflix has at least 900 in development according to our information).
Netflix has slowly started showcasing its upcoming slates with various live streams throughout the year. Geeked Week and Tudum both celebrate their second anniversary in 2022. Geeked Week is a 5-day event where Netflix showcases some of its genre content such as: B. its horror, sci-fi, and anime lineup.
Tudum is a bit broader than Geeked Week, specifically emphasizing content from around the world and every genre. Netflix’s Tudum event should not be confused with Netflix’s Tudum blog, which was launched in November 2021 and is still operational.
Netflix Tudum 2022 schedule
There will be five events in total on September 24th, although the reality for most people is that they actually take place over two days.
- Korean showcase at 11:00 a.m. KST
- Indian showcase at 11:00 AM IST
- Showcase for the US, EU and Latin America at 10:00 a.m. PT
- Japan shop window on September 25 at 1:00 p.m. JST
Here is a table view of the four upcoming events:
|local time zone||PST time zone||EST time zone||GMT time zone|
|Tudu: Korea||11 a.m. KST||7 p.m. – September 23||10pm – September 23rd||2am – September 24th|
|Tudum: India||11 AM IST||10:30 p.m. – September 23||1:30 am – September 24th||5:30 am – September 24th|
|Tudum: US, EU & LATAM||10am PST||10am – September 24th||1pm – September 24th||5pm – September 24th|
|Tudu: Japan||1 p.m. JST||9pm – September 24th||00:00 – September 25th||4 a.m. – September 25th|
To whet your appetite, Netflix has put together a small teaser trailer for the global fan event below, plus a taste of what to expect:
“Tune in for an exciting day of exclusive news, never-before-seen footage, trailers and first looks and interviews with Netflix’s biggest stars and creators. The free virtual event is a celebration of Netflix fandom and dedicated to sharing information on over 100 fan-favorite shows, movies and specials from around the world.”
Netflix Tudum 2022 Predictions
Now for our favorite part. Predicting what might be on the way as no lineup for the show has yet to be announced.
We have been told that we will be receiving an updated schedule for “early September 2022”.
Before we dive into our predictions, here’s a reminder of some of the biggest shows and movies to watch in 2021:
- Red notice
- The harder they fall
- money robbery
- The Sandman
- Emily in Paris
- army of thieves
- Don’t look up
- The Witcher: Origin of the Blood
- The Umbrella Academy
So let’s predict some of the titles we could see at Tudum 2022 from Netflix. We’re specifically covering some of the English language titles that might appear.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – This series wrapped up filming over the summer and a first look at the new series is long overdue.
- cabinet of curiosities – Netflix’s upcoming horror anthology series, helmed by Guillermo del Toro, is its biggest Halloween novelty of the year, so we’re expecting more footage in September.
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery / Knives Out 2 – One of the biggest Netflix movies of 2022 will debut at the Toronto International Film Festival before heading to Netflix worldwide. We’re assuming this will be after Tudum, so we’ll almost certainly have more information here.
- Pinocchio by Guillermo Del Toro – A simple guess here. With the new Del Toro movie set to premiere in December 2022 (expected to release December 16), we’ll likely get an expanded look at the new film.
- One piece – We got our very first look at One Piece at Geeked Week earlier this year, so could we get an extended look at Tudum?
- rebel moon – The new Zack Snyder movie is currently filming its first of two films to come, and given how much we’ve seen already, hopefully we’ll get our first glimpse of Tudum.
- spaceman – We haven’t seen anything about Adam Sandler’s upcoming space movie, so could this be our first chance?
- slumberland – Jason Momoa’s big Netflix movie is due out on Netflix later this year. Could we see more in Tudum?
- The crown – Given the wide coverage at Tudum, it’s very likely that we’ll get some footage of Season 5 ahead of Season 5’s release on Netflix in November 2022.
- The mother – This new Jennifer Lopez action film, expected to arrive in late 2022, could be fully unveiled in Tudum.
- The three body problem – It might be early for this new series from Db Weiss and David Benioff, but it was filmed throughout 2022, so there might be enough filming to justify at least a few first-look pics.
- The Witcher: Origin of the Blood – According to Pinocchio, we’ll likely get a release date and additional footage from the upcoming The Witcher prequel series, which is expected to arrive around Christmas.
What would you like to see in Netflix’s Tudum 2022 Showcase? Let us know in the comments below.